- May 30, 2013
What is Pedodontics?
This is the dentistry branch that makes all kinds of treatments and preventive applications against the oral and dental problems of the babies and children (0-13 years). The most important subject in pedodontics is familiarizing the children with the examinations of the dentists and supplying good dialogs with the dentists in the future.
Who is the pedodontist?
The pedodontist is the dentist who makes all kinds of treatments and preventive applications against the oral and dental problems of the babies and children (0-13 years). They got a special education about child psychology, their growth and development. Pedodontist also apply dental treatments by disabled children, regardless of the age.
What are the treatments in the pediatric dentistry clinics?
The treatments can be divided into two 2 applications.
To cure the existing problems, is a routine dentistry service. It includes services like:
- Dental Caries
- Space maintainer by loosed tooth
- Tooth extraction
- Dental damages after traumas
- Root canal treatments.
Preventing the possible problems is enclosing the preventive and treating medicine. The preventive treatment part is rather directed to prevent the problems which may cause to lose the teeth.
- Oral hygiene education; given to child and parents
- Inform them about the importance of the effects of healthy eating to the dental health
- Flour application
- Fissure covering treatment
- Space maintainer treatment
- Teeth protecting splints used during sport events.